xmas cards

Monday, the 14th was my birthday so I thought I’d stay home and have a nice quiet birthday but it didn’t turn out that way. 2am Kawika came into my bedroom and said , mama, I threw up.  And yep he did, all over his bedroom floor and all in the bathroom sink. Cleaned half of it at 2am, covered the stain on the floor with baking soda. 
7am, woke up and vacuumed the floor. Dawn started cleaning it with oxyclean. 7:30am leave for doctors and got lectured as to why it’s important to exercise. Off to Waipio to drop off the shoeboxes for the Operation Christmas Child.  Back on the freeway to town to take pic for my new work badge. Back on the freeway again to Pearl City to Foodland to buy stuff for the soup I was making.
Home to help Dawn with shampooing the floor. After an hour of that, the carpet looks great and Kawika is still down sick. 5pm, still finishing off my soup, the dried beans that I soaked overnight is still hard. 5:30pm, take a nap. I think I’ll take off tomorrow too.
That was just monday, tuesday I took off and crocheted a doggie shrug, didn’t like it so took it all apart and made my own pattern. 
Wednesday, I took off again, had to start on my Christmas letter especially since my friend Kat showed me up by finishing hers before the end of the year (unheard of!).  Finishing the letter complete with photos was the easy part.  Then converting to pdf format so I could email it to friends.  That was a bit tricky cause it doesn’t like fancy stuff, take off the header, take off the photo captions, spcae the photos out, okay after editing, converting, viewing, editing, converting, viewing, etc (you get the idea) I finally had a good readable copy.  Okay, now I can print out the original one to mail out. 
Everything goes good till I ran out of "photo quality ink jet paper" (but now they call it Presentation Paper Matte), and ink.   Off to the store. Side trip to Costco, oooh samples. Okay focus now what did I want? Okay trail mix, chicken soup, and xmas cards. oh gotta have some pita chips.  Then off again to Office Depot and Office Max, wouldn’t you know it couldn’t find both at one store?  Back home, put in the ink cartridge, okay need to align, align again, align again. Argh, can’t align, colors and black are not in line.  What to do, what to do.  Change to another printer, get Roger’s one, okay start printing, ohhh sooo slow.
So, now I’m waiting to print out 80 sets of xmas letters (3 pages each).  Think I’ll shop online while I wait. maybe I should go work tomorrow, I won’t be as tired at the end of the day, and as frustrated.